Posts filed under "DNS/Network"
Normally, SiteOrganic handles the DNS changes for you so you will just need to provide our team with the above information. However if you manage your domain DNS elsewhere, then be sure to add these records BEFORE your site goes live. This will ensure that no Email is lost during the transition.
NOTE: This information is subject to change at Google's discretion. The above information was taken from this article, and is current as of September 2012.
A traceroute can help the Support Team locate a connection problem in the Network. If a traceroute is necessary to investigate an issue, please use these steps:
1) Click on the Windows start menu and select Run
2) When the Run box pops up on your screen, type “cmd” and click OK
3) After the DOS black screen appears, type the word “tracert” next to the prompt followed by your domain name
and hit Enter
Example: tracert www.siteorganic.com
4) A list of server responses will appear one line at a time
5) When the trace has completed, right-click on the black screen and choose “Select All”
6) Right-click again and choose “Copy”
7) Create a new support ticket (or reply to an existing one) and paste the results of your tracert into the body of your message. You can paste by right-clicking in the body area. (Note: create a new support ticket at http://www.siteorganic.com/support/contact.asp).