Posts filed under "Uploading Files"
Remember that file names should not have any special characters or spaces (ie: parenthesis, spaces, commas, etc.). The only characters that may be used is the underscore *_* or dash “-”
Proper File Name Examples:
“church_picnic_267.jpg” or "meeting-notes-john.doc"
Improper File Name Examples:
“Our Church’s Picnic – photo 1.2.jpg” or "The Meeting Notes + John's Message.doc"
In general, please avoid using the following when naming your files (images, documents, videos, etc):
- periods (there should only be one period, before the final 3-letter extension, e.g. ".doc" or ".jpg")
- special characters such as #, %, +, &, |
- filenames longer than 30 characters
When you are uploading a file sometimes you might see the following error:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'
String or binary data would be truncated.
This error occurs when you try and upload a file with a name longer than 100 characters. Please shorten your filename and retry your upload.
2. Select the target folder (where do you want the file to go) on the left side of the screen.
3. Click the "Choose Files" button at the bottom left of the screen.
4. Browse to the file you would like to upload.
5. Select the file and click open or double click the file.
6. Click the upload now button.